Monday, October 31, 2011

Halloween Decorations

I do most of my deep thinking in the shower every morning.  At school when I start a sentence with "I had a great idea" Carla always says, "you've been thinking in the shower again..."  So, my thought for the morning was: "Ezra needs to see some Halloween decorations."  We decided not to decorate the house as it was just too painful to get out as we had already planned all the different Halloween poses we were going to have in pictures this year.  I had to walk quickly past the aisles of baby costumes in stores.  And then there's his bib that said "First Halloween" that is still packed away in a drawer in his nursery.  Too much anticipation turned to misery.

Anyway, back to the original purpose for this post: Ezra's decorations.  Since the kids in my classroom were helping me carve a pumpkin at school today, I thought that it would be a sweet thing to take the finished product to the cemetery for Ezra.  We bought battery powered candles and put in the pumpkin and then Randall and I took it over there tonight.  I hope he and his friends enjoy watching it glow tonight.  I guess there's no need for costumes in heaven....because everyone gets to wear the angel wings.  :)

Mommy loves you, Ezra, my sweet little angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment